Saturday, January 23, 2010

Took the 50 outside today

I went to the park with my 50 mm lens in tow today. I have not shot outdoors since...ummm...October. I hate winter! I am well aware that the Nifty 50 is not the optimal lens for outdoor nature shots, and a good telephoto lens would be a wiser choice. I decided I wanted to take the 50 out and see what I could do with it. Imagine my surprise when I found this woodpecker pimping for the camera! I was after good bokeh more than anything today, but now after having a good look at these, I think I need to stop down to widen the area in focus. I see lots of soft focus where I would rather have sharp definition. Birds are so fast, and hard to capture a great shot in manual mode. I resisted temptation, and all of these shots are in manual. I edited to crop them. I must read up and learn more about the art of photographing birds. I CAN get better at this.

So, I give you my bird friends...

IMG_6885

IMG_6894

IMG_6892

IMG_6918

No comments:

Post a Comment