Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Basics Revisited

It's time to go back and refresh a bit.  Nothing wrong with that.  I have taken the 12 Weeks to Better Photography course from twopeasinabucket.com in the past, and thought I would just go back and do them again as a refresher.  This course is perfect for anyone who is new to DSLR to learn about how manual settings work.  Week 1 is about aperture, and how your aperture affects your depth of field. 

I revisited, and added a few new things today.  I brought out my tripod since my lighting was poor this evening.  All I had was a lamp behind the train which caused a wicked backlighting situation.  Kind of fun to play with.  I also got a simple camera remote for Christmas.   Low light + tripod = perfect time to test out the new remote.  It works, and it is a nifty little device that will open up lots of new possibilities.  Especially in my low natural lighting dungeon of a home.  :) 

I shot from the same position, with 800 ISO (did I say the lighting was awful yet?), and changed the aperture and shutter speed for each shot.  I converted each from RAW to jpeg, but did not mess with the original shot in post processing.  Note the change in what is in focus with each aperture setting.







No comments:

Post a Comment